It is essential to avoid the common situation where “Their Eyes Glazed Over,” abbreviated as TEGO. This occurs too frequently. It is even more of a challenge when presenting virtually because you cannot see your audience.
Why do we fail to remember?
- Not aware
- Not focusing/concentrating
- Not memorable
- No filing/retrieval system
Principles of visual memory
- Linked to something
4 steps to add memory techniques to learning
- Add one or more principles to make a more memorable presentation.
- Use link method to retrieve items.
- Add unusual elements.
- Turn information into a list, and then link with unusual characteristics or a story.