In today's post you will find several tips for writing a sales email. Even if you are not selling products, often when you write an e-mail, you are trying to persuade recipients to take some action. These tips apply to any email where you want a result.
Tips for Writing an Email
- Craft a compelling subject line, but do not include the word "free."
- Identify the sender, for example, "Personal Change."
- Lead with a big benefit.
- Summarize the message in the first paragraph.
- Follow the first paragraph with detailed information.
- Repeat the offer and call to action.
- Make the first two response links the strongest.
- Use wide margins.
- Minimize use of ALL CAPS and extreme highlighting.
- Watch the length - short and concise is preferred.
- Get to the point quickly.
- Use a friendly, conversational tone.
- Include opt-out options.