Jim RohnJim Rohn (1930-2009) was an entrepreneur, author, and speaker. During the 1950s and 1960s he became involved with a couple of direct selling businesses, eventually resulting in promotion to vice president of one company. After the company closed, Rohn was invited to speak at a local Rotary club. More organizations started inviting him to speak about his personal story and leadership principles. Rohn developed his company, eventually speaking to over 6,000 audiences and 5 million people around the world. He also authored several books and audio training series.
I wrote previously about using a paper-based planner. For 2009 I used a Jim Rohn lined journal for my planner. This planner is no longer available through Jim Rohn's website, which is one of the reasons I began using Moleskine journals.
12 Pillars of SuccessIn reviewing my notes on Yahoo Notes, my primary app for notes prior to smart phones, I came across a list of 12 pillars of success from a webinar by Jim Rohn and Chris Widener, dated 2006.
- Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.
- Live a life of health.
- Give to relationships.
- Write down your goals.
- Control your time.
- Surround yourself with the best people.
- Be a life-long learner.
- All of life is sales.
- Income seldom exceeds personal development. Work full-time on your job and part-time on your fortune.
- All communication is the foundation for successful relationships.
- The world can always use one more great leader.
- Leave a legacy by teaching others the pillars of success.
You can learn more about Jim Rohn and his products at JimRohn.com.