Andrew Mayne is a television personality and author. In his recent ebook, How to Write a Novella in 24 Hours, he includes a list of 100 ways to promote your book. In browsing his website, I came across the same list as a blog post. Definitely check out his book and his website:
Below are 10 of the several Twitter-related ideas suggested by Andrew Mayne. While I have a Twitter account, I don't use it like I should. Check out my previous posts on using transmedia to share your message. It is a good idea and a reminder to me as well. By posting these tips here, I will be able to locate them easily when I'm ready to promote a book project currently in the works.
Twitter Tips from Ways to Promote Your Ebook by Andrew MayneNote: many of these tips will work on other social platforms besides Twitter.
- Tweet out the link when you first release the book.
- Tweet out each time you put the book on a new platform.
- Ask anyone who likes the book on Twitter to write a review for the book.
- Hold a contest for people to make a blurb just on the cover and tweet it out.
- Tweet really good reviews with a thank you.
- Tweet and post small facts about the research for your book.
- Tweet and post a list of books that influenced your book.
- Tweet and post a list of movies that influenced your book.
- Ask people on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ for promotion ideas.
- Post the first sentence on Twitter and include a "read more ..." link.
Andrew's list includes 100 ways to promote your book, and most are free, only requiring your time and effort.