Below is my SlideShare presentation on how to take screen shots using the major technology platforms: Windows, Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad) and Mac. This post is a reference for me as well as for you. I tend to forget how to use all of these different options.
- Copy the active window - Ctrl+Alt+Print Screen
- Copy the full display (including multiple screens) - Shift+Ctrl+Print Screen
- One Note - Start OneNote (Start > Microsoft Office > OneNote. From then on, use the flag key and "s" to draw a selection box about the desired information or image.
- Snipping Tool - Start > Accessories > Snipping Tool. Draw a box around the selected image. Within the snipping tool you can annotate the image.
- Simultaneously press the power button and the volume down button. Hold for about a second. You will hear an audible camera sound (unless sound is turned off).
- Simultaneously press the menu button and the power button. You will hear an audible camera sound (unless sound is turned off).
- Save desktop as PNG - Command+Shift+3
- Save selection as PNG - Command+Shift+4
- Save selected window as PNG - Command+Shift+4 then press the space bar and select the desired window.