OBSTACLESFor many people, blogging presents some challenges or roadblocks that they cannot overcome.
- Technology. If you are not comfortable with the technology, outsource the work. However, if you can send an e-mail, you have the day-to-day skills necessary for blogging.
- No voice. Many ask, "Why would someone listen to me?" The answer is that every voice contributes a perspective, and in your sphere of influence, you may impact others.
- Content. This was Ray's aha moment for me. Take notes whenever you attend a webinar or seminar, read a book, or watch an instruction video. Transfer these notes into a blog post. As I am doing here, you can give credit where credit is due: "Last night, I was on a call with _____, and he said ...." How easy is that?
TIPSRay provided four tips to start blogging.
- Blog what you learn.
- Focus on the problem that your audience may have. If you have a solution, someone will be interested.
- Keep it simple.
- Continue other types of business outreach. Blogging may eventually be the best way to find prospects, but it can take a while for your influence to spread via social media and Internet searches.
- Attend training, take notes, create a blog post.
- Paste the link on social media and ask others to do the same.
- Build a following, a little at a time.