Liz and I discussed how to "Storify Your Facts." During our 30 minutes together I shared how important it is to use stories whenever possible to illustrate the point of your presentation or as a narrative to keep facts interesting. Liz is a great interviewer and I enjoyed talking with her.
Below is a list of books that I discussed during the show.
- The Story Factor (Annette Simmons)
- Made to Stick (Chip & Dan Heath)
- The Power of Personal Storytelling (Jack Maguire)
- My Story Can Beat Up Your Story (Jeffrey Alan Schechter)
- The Hero With A Thousand Faces (Joseph Campbell) - On the show I referred to this as The Hero's Journey. This book is a bit of a challenge to read because it draws heavily on the psychoanalytic theories of Sigmund Freud. A easier-to-read alternative is The Writer's Journey (Christopher Vogler).